Friday, September 26, 2008

Better Now

Today's Recipe Update - Oh MY this was good. I made the Burger Scramble Florentine from Linda's Low Carb Recipes:Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Wow. I added garlic and some Italian spice blend to give it a little more zip (after the meatloaf being pronounced "good, but a little bland" earlier in the week) and it was a ROUSING success.
(nomnomnom)

SO, the current tally is
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak - total win!!
Brunch Enchiladas - win! (my lady and I gave it a total thumbs up, but my mate isn't so much into the eggs, so it was a win, but not as much as those I'm classifying as "total win")
Southwestern Meatloaf - tasty but needed a little something extra (my mate suggested adding curry or chili powder next time, not a lot because we're not into *really* hot and spicy, just to give it a little zip). HOWEVER - he's been making sandwiches of the leftovers, so I think he liked it.
Swiss Onion Chicken - another total win!
Burger Scramble Florentine - total win!!

Also, my mate's stomach has settled and he's feeling better, so I think the additional red meat is doing it's job. Tonight (after we sleep, whenever we get around to sleeping), I'm going to make the Dilly Pot Roast from the 6 ingredient book - it's a slow cooker meal, and considering my lady and I have to be at Sawyer Point downtown at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning for the Stop Aids Walk, having food ready and waiting when we get home is a GOOD idea.

Something else to note - my lady said she's already noticing her clothes are fitting differently (she tried on some pants yesterday that had been too tight, and they're not anymore). Me - I don't notice anything in my clothes yet (which is why I tend to do the scale - I generally have to lose 20-30 lbs before there's any size difference, so I need to see SOMETHING that tells me I'm making progress, even slow progress). But my lady told me she thinks my ankles look thinner (yeah, she laughed and said it sounded silly to her, too, but swears she sees a difference). Yeah, I'll take that. *grin*

No comments: