Friday, September 26, 2008

Help - I'm having one of *those* nights...

(cross-posting from my low carb board)

You know the kind. The "why am I doing this, I'll never get even close to goal, what does it matter, I'll always be and feel fat and ugly and undesireable, I'm not getting anywhere and it's too hard and I want to go down and binge at the vending machine or buy donuts when Dunkin' opens at 5:30 downstairs, or dive into an entire carton of ice cream" kind of night. Which I know is largely fueled by being lonely at work and wanting to be home with my loves, and probably hormones ('cause TOM is due Tuesday...sigh).

Just really really *really* down, lonely, feeling fragile and wanting to be held, and stuck at work.
I'm being good and dutifully eating my salad and my mozerella sticks and drinking my water (and my chocolate low-carb slimfast...maybe the chocolate will help the PMS part). But I'm just not feeling it tonight.

What do YOU do to keep yourself from turning to food when you just want to crawl into a hole and pull the dirt in over you?

(Reminder to those watching via their LJ F-list - if you comment on LJ, I won't see it - if you have ideas, suggestions, etc. either comment here on blogspot, or e-mail me)

No comments: