Thursday, September 4, 2008

I did it! I did it!

Yes folks, I got out of bed early, put on my walking shoes and shorts, and out the door I went!
Twenty minutes - 10 minutes up Queen City Ave. to Ferguson Rd, and then walked back. Where I live is just about perfect, as I start out walking uphil, so I can walk downhill on my "cool down", which works well for me. The road flattens out at Ferguson, so as I add more distance that will work too - I can take the first bit as warm up, then ramp up my speed once I hit more even ground.

My breathing wasn't great because of the air quality and general humidity - GODS it was muggy. But the last 2 days have been the hottest this summer, so it's not that surprising. I was afraid I might need my inhaler by the time I got home, but once I got in and cooled off a bit, I was fine.

To those who've offered to be walking/work out buddies - thanks, I really appreciate it! Maybe once I get in the groove a bit (like when I have a couple of weeks under my belt), we can plan special walks, or try for once a week or something? In general, if I plan anything more complicated than roll out of bed, put shoes on, go walk...I won't do it. Plus, I really find it meditative...I do a lot of thinking and planning when I'm walking. AND, I'm slow. I know I need to up my speed, but I need to increase at my own pace...and if I walk with anyone else, I'll try to keep up with them and likely push myself too hard. So for now I think the "dailies" I need to do on my own. I'm all down with trying for regular walks together in a few weeks, though. :) And you're *totally* allowed (and encouraged) to ask about it, remind me, and cheer me on here. Accountability is a good thing.

Food-wise, everything is still on track. Today promises to be an interesting experiment, as 'Yote plans on making spinach pie again. The filling is *totally* on plan for me, the filo dough not so much. So, we'll see how I end up dealing with this (probably the same way I'd deal with pizza - eat the good stuff and leave the crust). I just need to make sure I get enough protein in the bargain, so I may either throw a piece of chicken or fish in the oven or make myself some eggs (depending on how hot it is - the oven really heats up the apartment). Which I'll happily do for my loves too if they wish. :) That and I need to restock the salad bowl, as I took the last of what was left to work last night. I may need to make a quick run to the store to pick up a few things - we're low on radishes and cucumbers, and 'Yote likes his salad veggie (as opposed to lettuce) heavy. Me too, actually, now that I've gotten used to it.

Oh...and so far the headache is gone today. I suspect sleeping 12 hours helped. :)

1 comment:

melissa said...

WOOHOO!!

YAY for getting up and out! that is *always* the hardest part for me, so i can feel your pain there. ;)