Sunday, October 5, 2008

First October Post - I've been slacking!

Well, I weighed myself on Wednesday since it was the first of the month and I was curious what my "monthly total" was. As of October 1st, I weighed 236.5 lbs, a total loss on the month of 12 pounds!

Of course, today is my "normal" weigh in day. This week has been *anything* but normal, with 'Yote working on 2nd shift at his new job (which is supposed to be temporary...gods I hope so), totally weird sleep schedules...which of course means weird eating schedules. I've had a couple of "bad days", not in *what* I ate but the amounts. I knew it when I did it - that "overfull feeling" was rather uncomfortable. Last night 'Yote was eating before going to bed and asked if I was hungry, and my *head* wanted to snack, but I asked my body, and no - I wasn't hungry. As long as I can stay in tune with that, I should be okay.

Bottom line - I'm at 237.0 lbs today. Which to *me* is essentially not a gain but a "staying about the same" thing (Half a pound? In less than a week? Not a big deal).

Goal this week - start using the exercise ball and get the exercise piece going. And watching The Biggest Loser with my lady (who is now as hooked as I am). It's really inspirational for me to watch these people supporting each other through their weight loss (even if it IS a game and people have to go home, they aren't nearly as cut throat or mean about it as a lot of other "reality game shows" tend to be).

No comments: