Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Overdue for an update...

So I did my weekly weigh in Sunday night, and I'm back at 236.5 lbs. That's what I weighed on October 1st. Which means I lost about half a pound this week, after bouncing up half a pound last week...sigh. Bottom line, I've stalled out a bit. Not horrible, I would just like to have seen more downward progress this far into the month. I know pretty much why - between my period, not eating those 2 days and then eating too much after, and not recording things as consistently as I should, it makes sense. Disappointing, but not a major disaster by any means.

In the past I would have said "what's the point I'm not getting anywhere" and binged on something, or found something decadently carby to wallow in. But I know better - it's just my body adjusting to the fact that I'm trying to make changes. And honestly - even if I only ever lose one pound a MONTH, it's still weightloss. It may take longer to get to where I want to be, but I'll still get there. I don't have some goal to be a certain size or weight by a certain time...and I'm not aiming for "skinny" (I like my curves thank you). I'd just like to be able to buy clothes at regular stores - so a size 14 would make me happy. Eventually. Whenever I get there - my loves love me just as I am, so there's no pressure. :)

My goal this week - use the ball and start exercising. And I'm thinking about once a night doing a trip up and down the stairs in the garage at work. I seem to have the eating part pretty much in hand as long as I pay attention and record everything, so now to add exercise in the mix is the next step.

No comments: